Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hectic Days and Sleepless Nights

I just looked at the calender and realized that Thanksgiving is NEXT week! How did that happen? It just snuck up on me. The passed few weeks have just been absolutely CRAZY and have flown by.

I'm finally getting back to somewhat normal after surgery. Still finding foods I can't eat, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the side effects suck. But every day gets better, the pain less and less, and the incisions are healing and fading out. So, all and all, its good. Surgery on the other hand, is NOT so good. No matter how you have it done, it sucks. This has been a bad year for surgeries. Me, Andie, Cas, all right in a row, and now Cam had his tonsils out today (he's doing GREAT by the way) and then I found out yesterday that my dad will be having surgery before the end of the year also. GEEZ. Thats enough already! This year just has to be over. Between surgeries and deaths this year, I've had about enough of 2007!

We also had a little scare this week. My kitty, Sebastian, got out and decided to take a tour of the neighborhood. He was missing all night and all day. I just had this horrible feeling we'd never see him again. I hate that! Luckily, he had gotten over to the street behind us and ran in one of the neighbor's garages, who happens to be a cat person thankfully, and was scared to death. He had gotten lost I think. So, I went and retrieved him and brought him home. We were all constantly petting the poor little guy. No more outside priviledges for him. From now on, he will be strickly an indoor kitty. I did not sleep at all the night he was gone and then the night he came home, I actually thought I had slept pretty good, but my dh informed me that everytime he woke up, I was petting Sebastian. He told me that once I was even sitting straight up and petting him. Hmmm......think I missed him?!?!! I've never done that before. The most I do when I sleep is snore, so that was new one on me!!!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well snoring must be contagious.. cause Lil' Man is right here snoring and drooling.. it is quite comical. I am glad he is sleeping though.

I am SO shocked how fast it actually was. I am glad though, I don't think I could have waited very long.

As far as Bastian goes, his little.. no make that BIG ass is in the usual spot... i know shocker. Gets up to lick himself.. he he he...

He ever even THINKS of going out the door, I am going to duct tape his ass to something.

Well love you, glad you slept better, I have too, all is well in the Caufield/Gregory house...thank God..

Anonymous said...

p.s. thank GOD also you are better... just let me know what you cannot eat. I had been so worried about you these past few months. I hate seeing you not you.

Man you are right, this year has SUCKED...

So am I still getting roped into cooking turkeyday?

Cat said...

Oh I know!!! One minute I got a text from you saying they were wheeling him away and the next second a text saying he was already in recovery! that is simply amazing! I guess they have perfected it over the years!!! I'm so glad he did so well. Now, he'll be cranky as hell for the rest of the day, but at least this part is done!!! :-)

Uh Oh, you must have touched Bastian if he's licking himself! heheheee He can't stand people to touch him. He just licks it off when you do!!! He keeps trying to make a run for the door, but NO way is that gonna happen!!!!

yep, things are finally starting to slow down a bit in the Caufield/Gregory house, but you know, I prolly just jinxed it now!!! Oh well1!!

ILUBAH