Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Thank GOD its over!



Well, 2007 is finally over and we are now at the beginning of a brand new year! 2008 is definitely going to be better than 2007. Its already been off to a fantastic start, so hopefully the momentum will keep pushing it forward!




A few days ago, Momma was woke up bright and early by a howling at her window in her bedroom. Turned out there was a poor little Bassett Hound standing there calling her name. We took the poor baby in and she stayed with us for three days. Which means, we lost a cat, but found a Bassett! We put up signs, drove the neighborhood, talk to people, everything and just couldnt find her home. Finally, we got a lead and found her home and New Years Eve, we drove her home. It was exciting to see her so excited to be reunited with her family.


Isnt she adorable? This is her and our black lab, Tawne. Its a shame that April (the bassett hound's name) was so uncomfortable while she stayed here! She even slept in bed with Momma and Cam. It was adorable!!!




Now, this story is ironic because, new years eve, I was awoken what sounded like something hitting my bedroom window. I looked out and saw nothing. So, I got up, let the puppies out, did some things around the house, and went to let the pupies back in. As I was letting the girls in, I saw this flash of black run by and thought, what on earth is that??? so I went out and there looking up at me, was my baby, Sebastian. My kitty that had been missing for a week! I couldn't believe it! I ran out and scooped him up and went running inside and immediately woke up the dh, saying rusty, rusty, wake up! Of course, it scared the crud out of him and he shoots straight up in the bed going WHAT??? Keep in mind that its about 6a at this point and I'm screaming for him to wake up, as I'm shoving this black cat in his face! Poor guy. of course he grabs the cat and immediately looks at his tail to verify that its actually Sebastian. Sebastian only has a stub for a tail, so he's kinda easy to spot. So after that reunion, I grab Sebastian and run into Momma's room doing the same thing to her......Momma, Momma, wake up, LOOK! shoving a black cat in her face too!!! Of course, after the initial shock of the whole thing, I think they were both okay with me acting like a mad, crazy woman and waking them up shoving a cat in their faces! Couldn't help it. Had to have someone else confirm that this was in fact, our missing kitty. I have no idea how he got back in the backyard other than devine intervention. that's the only explaination. He had lost three pounds and was obviously tramatized, but other than that, he's doing great. He has been as close to at least one of us as much as possible. I dont think he had any contact while he was missing. Of course, he immediately perched on top of the stove for a little while. Isnt he adorable??
We immediately put his collar back on him and he will never go without that again. The good thing is that it seems that he no longer wishes to go ouside! Think he learned that lesson the hard way!
So, as you can see, New Year's Eve actually started really well. We got our kitty back, got to find the bassett her home, we donated clothing to Purple Heart and had a great lunch with friends.
Then for New Year's Eve, we all went outside, popped some fireworks, had some of the neighbors over, and they brought some food and fireworks. We all sat around a make-shift camp fire (cause OMG was it cold out there last night!!!), and drank, ate, and watched fireworkds. It was great. And I even actually made it to midnight! Just barely mind you, but I made it!
All and all I think everything turned out very nicely. I sure hope everyone had a great new year's eve and here's to a wonderful 2008! It definitely has to be better than 2007!!!

2 comments:

Cas said...

Hurray! Congrats on all your good news - it looks like things are looking up.

Happy New Year - it's gotta be better than the last one for sure!

The Good Anon said...

I thought black cats brought bad luck, but it looks like yours is changing that perception. Congrats on the cats return!!!!!!