Tuesday, November 25, 2008

WOW! Its been a long while!

Sad to say, but sometimes I forget this is out there. Then when I sit down to start typing, seems like something ALWAYS comes up.

Well lets see....a few updates.....I FINALLY got my roof fixed on the house. Now if only I could get the rest of it finished I would be a happy little camper. Im kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place with all of that though. See, I hired a friend to be my contractor and he told me all kinds of wonderful things we were going to do to the house for a certain price. Well, then he went and overloaded himself with other work, so of course, as a "friend", all of my work is getting pushed to the back burner. I am still walking around on concrete floors and have a huge hole in my ceiling in my living room. Wonder if I could play it off as a sky light in the living room? hmmm.....Oh wait, prolly not considering the roof was repaired so no hole in the roof. Dang. So, I guess I will just have to put my patience hat back on and hope for the best. Maybe Santa will be good to me and bring me a new house for Christmas!

I did something for the first time the other day. I actually went to a musical! OMG! It was fantastic! It was called Menopause: The Musical. I dont think I have laughed that hard in a very long time. My sides hurt from laughing so hard. Tracey went with me and as we are about the same age, we could so relate to everything they were talking about. They did songs from the 60s, 70s, and 80s and adapted them to fit with menopause things, like staying awake, instead of staying alive, etc. I wish I could be that creative and come up with stuff like that. It was absoluately hillarious.

After the musical, we rushed over to a wedding reception. One of the girl's in the office had gotten married the week before and was having her reception that weekend. We had a blast. Its really nice to see some of the people (notice I said SOME, not all!! LOL) away from the office. They take on a whole different attitude. Gus had us all laughing hysterically. He just never stops. Some things that man comes up with is just amazing. All in all, it was a fantastic day spent with wonderful friends.

On to bad news.......I just found out this passed Sunday that an acquantance of mine had passed away. He was a friend of the dh's and I knew fairly well, but cant say he was one of my most favorite people in the world. It always seemed to me that he never had that much respect for women. Something about calling them "chickens" really grated on my nerves. Nonetheless, I wouldnt wish ill on him at all. Its sad really because apparently, his mother hadnt seen him in a couple of days and went to check on him and found him dead on the floor of his apartment. Now, its already bad enough losing your child, but to be the one that finds him? I feel for her. I found out today that although its not common knowledge, he died from a problem that not many knew he had. Drugs. Which really explains alot, but sad really that it was such a problem that it eventually killed him. I sure hope he is at peace now. Please keep his family in your prayers. The viewing is today and the funeral is tomorrow.

Speaking of prayers, I also found out another good friend of mine will have to have brain surgery. They found a blood clot in his head. AND a nephew of a friend mine, also has a blood clot and will be having brain surgery sometime this week also. So, please keep all of them in your prayers also.

Other than that, not a whole lot going on. Other than I'm sick. Have been sick since Friday which sucks. I hate this time of year! Luckily I am on vaca next week so I just have to get through the rest of today and tomorrow and I'm free! I think I can I think I can! LOL

I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving filled with family and friends!

2 comments:

The Good Anon said...

A "long time"?????????? We need to talk, sister.

Cas said...

Happy holidays! I hope Santa brings you a whole new dream house!!!