Monday, June 11, 2007

9:35 p.m. Monday, June 11, 2007

Well, just upon completion of my last entry, I got the phone call that I have been dreading. Cheryl is gone. Her long hard struggling battle is now complete. She passed away at 9:35 p.m. this evening. I knew this was coming, I expected it, and as soon as my phone rang at 10:45 p.m., I knew what was coming............but it still came as a shock. I'm in the middle of having a complete breakdown, so I will have to finish this later. I just wanted everyone to know.

RIP -- Cheryl Ree Tomaski
July 29, 1947 - June 11, 2007

I love you big as heaven and I will miss you every day of the rest of my life. You took a big piece of my heart with you. I will hopefully see you on the other side.

5 comments:

Liberated Momma said...

I am so sorry.. I hope you will be ok. I don't know what to say to make it better...

You know I am here... and Jake loves you.. well your bed anyway..

;-)

Cas said...

That phone call sucks and nothing can ever prepare you for it.

Cry when you want to cry, laugh when you want to laugh. Do whatever it takes to heal and move on, but realize she already has.

Andie said...

I am so sorry. If you need anything or just want to talk you know were to find me. I am here for you day or night.

Love ya,
Andie

Liberated Momma said...

What a beautiful thing it is to be loved. I know, because I am loved by you. I am lucky.

And if you love me half as much as you love her, I will live the rest of my life with a smile on my face and contintement in my heart, knowing I have been loved by a wonderful person.

My heart breaks for you, seeing you sad, because I cannot fix it. And fixing is what I do.

I want to make it all better for you... and I can't... SO i do what i do best, clean, cook and be in your face....

Anonymous said...

Cathy I am very sorry to know the pain that you are in. Though I never met Cheryl, there would be nothing but praise if I had. From what I have learned thru you, she was a wonderful person, a terriffic friend,and for you a 2nd mom. What more can a person ask for. Letting her go to be with God was the bravest thing I have ever seen you do. You have my number and it's open 24/7 if you need me. A trearful xoxo - Roger