Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Reality

Have you ever noticed how reality has a way of sneaking up on you and slapping you in the face with brutal force before you are aware of what is about to happen?? You go through time with blinders on and then, all of sudden, reality is standing right there laughing at you. Amazing really. Cause once you look back, all the signs were there, you just didn't see it. Or you just chose to ignore it. Of course, once reality slaps you, all you can do is stand there and go DOH! Oh well. End that chapter and move on right? Think I'll just take up fishing.



Things have finally started calming down a bit after Cheryl's death. The whole thing still seems so surreal. I still want to pick up the phone and call her. At least I know I can still talk to her and I am still in contact with my extended family, so I guess that will have to suffice. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her though.

We've also been getting Momma T moved in to her new home which she now shares with ME!! YEAH! Its so great having her and Cam there. She is the best housewife ever. She cooks, she cleans, everything. Its wonderful. If she ever decides to leave, I'm just gonna have to pack up and go with her. I get Tina tea anytime I want it!! What more can a girl ask for??? They have really made it hard though to shrink into my little cocoon and feel sorry for myself and sit around and think about Cheryl. That's been such a blessing. Life is never dull with them around. It was amazing how quiet, quiet was when Cam was gone. Too quiet really.

All the animals have finally begun to mesh together and realize that not a dang one of them are going anywhere. As much as they would probably like it if some of them left, they have come to the realization that that is just not going to happen. Looks like we've switched dogs though. Jake sleeps with me and the dh and Tawne and Bailey sleep with Tina and Cam. Which works out great for us considering Jake prefers to sleep on the floor whereas T and B like the bed! I think we got the better end of that deal!!!

Everything is starting to level out now so lets hope that the rest of 2007 is ALOT better than the first half!!!



2 comments:

Cas said...

Reality usually sucks. And not in a good way.

Cat said...

Yeah well, maybe us girls need to get together with reality and show it how to suck the good way dammit! :-)