Thursday, April 10, 2008

Just Another Day In Paradise......

Today was definitely one of those days where you should just really stay in bed!!!!

I was awakened about 4:30a this morning by a kitty cat that decided it was time for him to be petted. So, begrudgenly, I laid there and petted him for a bit and looked at the clock and thought, well, I at least have some extra time to sleep. I normally get up during the week at 5:45a or so, depending on whether or not I have to wash my hair. Today was one of those days that I definitely needed to wash my hair. I evidently had finally fallen back asleep and was awoken by my phone vibrating underneath my pillow. Why it was under my pillow in the first place, I have no idea! Anyway...I look at my phone and I got two texts from two different people telling me that I should prolly leave early because there is an 18-wheeler accident on 290 and they have the whole freeway shut down. NICE! So I look over at the clock and OMG! Its 6:35a! Im usually on my way to work already! GREAT! Wonderful way to start the day! I jump up and basically run a brush through my hair and put it in a pony tail (thank GOD for long hair) and rush out the door. Pull out of my drive onto the street, make it to the stop sign and basically do the usual, slow to observe police thing, and turn. Well, to my right, there is a nice little sheriff's officer. FANTASTIC! nothing like running a stop sign right in front of a cop! Of course, he pulls in behind me and follows me through the subdivision. He evidently figured out I had learned my lesson and finally went away.

So now I'm contimplating which direction is going to be the best to actually get to work and come to the conclusion that there just isnt a good way. Traffic in Houston just sucks no matter which way you go. Whats sad is that the 18-wheeler accident happened at 4a but it was still there at 7a. Oh well. what can you do right?? I call the ole boss there and asked him if he purchased that helicopter I've been requesting and of course he says no, so I said, well, then I have no idea when I will be there. Wonder if he's reconsidering the helicopter now??? LOL

Oh well. All in all, I finally made it to work. Arent I just the lucky one!?!? Sometimes, you should just really stay in bed instead. :-)

No comments: