Sunday, April 1, 2007

New Beginnings


Ah, a new beginning, she said hopefully. A new month. The first three months of this year have got to be the worst I have ever seen. And not just for me, but for almost everyone I know. 2007 has not gotten off to a very good start. So now I am hoping that since 4 has always been my favorite number, maybe the FOURTH month of the year will be the start of a better year. All I know is that something has got to give. I did start the month off by getting a raise (a GREAT one I have to say) and a new lap top, so surely it's off to a good start right??

March was the worst. The loss of my best friend, Keisha, was way too much to handle. I can honestly say though, I found out who my friends really were. Not the fake ones that lied to me for years, but the ones that actually mean something. I have also reconnected with two old friends that I haven't talked to in quite awhile and realize now just how much I have missed them. Just seems you get so tied up in your own life, you don't stop and realize what is actually important. There are some things that are better off left in the past, not to be brought into the future. Besides, I fully believe in karma and it will come back to get you. I'm just glad I dont have to be a part of it.

I did get a really good laugh this weekend, which is something I can say I have not had even once this year! Saturday I decided to go and check out the place that was going to be taking care of Keisha and her remains until she was returned to me. Yes, I am having her cremated and yes, she will be returned to me in an urn to proudly sit on my mantel right next to her sister, Fancy. Anyway. The dh and I and the only other person on this earth that would actually go to a pet cemetery with me, Rona, took a trip out to A Bit of Heavan Pet Cemetery. It sure looks a lot different in person than on the internet. Not horrible mind you, but still not a place I would want my beloved companion to spend her eternity. So anyway. Rona and her dh and my nephew and my dh are wandering around this property and we find this place that looks something like it might be a chapel. of course it was looked up tight so we wandered around the back and found a guy cleaning up the place so we peeked inside the joint and saw this little alter and a lovely place for what we may think were for doggy weddings or something like that. All of a sudden a lady appears and asks if she could help us. So I promptly explain that they were going to pick up my baby to have her cremated and I was just trying to find out what kind of urn she was going to be in and so forth. Well, that lady was so not all there. She looked at me and said, um, your daughter? Um, we don't cremate people here. I stifled my laugh and said, no, my dog. She still was way off on what we were trying to ask her. Evidently she has her own animal cremation service but it wasn't the one I was using. Rona couldn't stand it and had to ask them what it was that they had the facilities for and she said, oh we hold weddings and anniversary parties and birthday parties here. Rona looks at her odd, and says, for people?? Now, who on earth would want their wedding right next to a pet cemetary?? Evidently people do since she's still in business, but what a weird combonation. So, what do you do for a living? Oh, well I have a banquet facility for weddings and such and I cremate and bury animals! Now lets just hope the two never mix!! Rona asked her who would have weddings at a pet cemetery and the lady said, oh now, they haven't got me yet, they wont get you! Rona and I walked out of there laughing so hard we were crying. But dang, I sure did need that laugh!!

One of the friends that I have reconnected with I feel so bad for. She has got to be one of the nicest people I have ever met and she is always upbeat. Until now. 2007 has been bad for her too. Her husband went to Iraq and came back with PTSD. He has now turned to alcohol to try and help himself with this. Poor thing. I feel so bad for her to have to deal with that. I know how hard it is. Please keep her in your prayers cause I know she is sure going to need it.

My other friend, Cheryl, is still trying to come to terms with her cancer. I so hate it for her. i found the best necklace that I want to get for her, but of course, its on backorder! It says: What Cancer Cannot Do.......... It cannot invade the soul, suppress memories, kill friendship, destroy peace, conquer the spirit, shatter hope, cripple love, corrode faith, steal eternal life, silence courage. That is so true!! All we can do is pray and pray and leave it in God's hands. He does know what he is doing afterall, even though we do not. Someone told me once that maybe all these bad things that have happened this year is God's way of tying up loose ends, getting rid of dead weight, and preparing you for the next chapter of your life. I just wish I knew what that was!!!!

So while we are keeping the people above in our prayers, lets all remember to keep each other and our friends and family also in our prayers so that we may understand what God means for us to and that things look up for all of us, and that we can forgive those that truspass against us and be forgiven for those we have truspassed against. Surely it will all start looking up if we remember all this.

I miss you Keisha. Rest in peace baby. Until we meet again at Rainbow Bridge and cross together. My heart aches for you each and every day.

2 comments:

Andie said...

That is the funnest thing I have ever heard. And, a wedding chaple and a pet cemetery (little wierd).

Anyway, I am sorry for your friend whose husband has PTSD. My dad has that do to Vietnam and it is hard on them and the family. She is in my prayers. And for your friend with cancer, she also is in my prayers. My brother-in-laws mother has beat it twice (breast and Colon) so tell her to keep fighting.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to learn about Keisha, and so soon after you lost your Fancy. I know you've been a puddle of tears.

I hope your friend whose husband is suffering PTSD is seeking guidance for ways to deal with her own isolation and help her husband adjust. Most anyone returning from a war zone suffers from PTSD in one form or another. We are a trifling society, and most of us are not even aware of it. But it slaps our returning soldiers in the face almost immediately and makes their adjustment even harder.

Here is a great pictorial essay which barely touches on the subject but speaks volumes. I hope it helps your friend understand.

http://www.strategypage.com/military_photos/200742705921.aspx