Sunday, July 1, 2007

Memories

Have you ever noticed how memories always have a way of sneaking in when you really aren't thinking about it? Even ones that you didn't even remember you had. Like a certain smell that may bring back a thought of something that happened or of something that was said, or of a certain event. I've been finding that alot lately for some reason. I'll be doing something and then all of a sudden, a memory that had been supressed in the back of my mind, comes rushing forward. Its amazing how much information is stored in our little pea brains. Alot of Cheryl memories have been coming to mind lately. Maybe that is her way of saying that she is still here with me. I guess if that is the only way I can have her with me, I'll take it. Makes me happy to think of her even though it also makes me sad because I miss her.

I've learned though.........everything happens for a reason. And sometimes we find out why things happen, but then sometimes we don't. I sure wish I knew why she had to leave us and what I'm supposed to learn though. But in time, I suppose I will learn.

I would also like to ask for your prayers for my uncle who was put in the hospital on Friday. He's had a series of ailments, the last of which was cancer. He has been cancer free for awhile now, but his heart is now giving him troubles. Please keep him and my aunt in your thoughts and prayers. They fought so hard through the cancer to get where they are now.

Cancer.........its such an ugly word.

2 comments:

Andie said...

Those memories sure will sneak up on you when you least expect it. They are what keep us going. Sometimes you can just be standing there feeling bad and have one and it just makes you smile. Cheryl is and always will be with you!

Your aunt and uncle are in my prayers.

Love ya bunches!

Liberated Momma said...

Honey, I am so sorry for your pain, I wish I could take it away from you.

This year has been amazing, amazingly traumatic.

You know though, laugh, minding our own business, sitting on our couch, we still get caught up in drama, we didn't even have to participate in... LMAO!

Oh well, everything is my fault anyway, so just blame me honey...

I wish I could fix everything for you... really i do.. I hope your memories of Cheryl are good ones.

I will pray for your uncle, I an if that call comes, you know where I will be.. here for you..

HUGS