Monday, September 17, 2007

Manic Mondays

Have I mentioned that I hate Mondays?!?!? AAARRRRGGHH! Today has definitely been a crazy day and its only half over!

I start my wonderful Monday out by getting up late. As I start my morning ritual, I listen to the news and of course, my freeway is at a stand still because of a wreck. Now, of course the accident is outbound and I am going inbound, but everyone has to stop and stare at all the pretty flashing lights. So, I think great, I'm already late and now I'm really going to be late!

I jump in my truck ready to tackle the traffic and as I sit at a light not far from my subdivision, my truck dies. Fantastic! I'm sitting there in the middle of the road at what is now a green light, and all I can think is I have to get to work today!! I have a million deadlines that have to be done today! GREAT. Now what. Luckily my truck decides to start and I call the dh and tell him about it so he tells me to turn around and come back and get his truck. I head back to the house, and he has evidently had time to think about all this and has decided that it would be easier to just change my battery out for his. Not sure who's world that would be eaiser in, but okay. We get the batteries changed and I am once again on my way to work.

Just then, my phone rings and its my friend Michelle. She tells me that they took my godson to the ER last night because he got hit in the eye with a baseball. Well, that's special! Luckily he is okay, but he does have a concussion. Poor guy, but isn't he cute!?!?!?!

At least he is okay even if his little eye is swollen shut! I told her he should tell people, "well if you think I look bad, you should see the other guy!!!" heheheheehee

So I finally arrive at work only to find a lovely email awaiting my arrival. One of my fellow fire fighters from Cypress Creek VFD has passed away. He went to the ER last night with a shortness of breath and they found numerous clots in his heart. Unfortuantely they were not able to do anything for him and he passed away. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Thats enough for one Monday, so hopefully the rest of the day will go better!!!! :-)

4 comments:

Andie said...

I am so sorry for everything that happened to you today. I hope tomorrow is a much better day for you.

Love ya!

Cas said...

Your Monday did suck , but what a cutie-pie! I can't help but be glad I got to his pic and I'm still chuckling over the "You should see the other guy" comment.

Great post!

The Good Anon said...

Good to see you're back up and running Andie.

The Good Anon said...

Cat, I hope your week improves. How about lunch with me on Thursday? That should brighten your day.