Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Ahhh.....Life.....

Life is finally beginning to have a simblence (sp) of normalicy. I got over strep throat only to give it to my housewife and her kiddo. Couldn't help it. You know how I like to share and misery LOVES company! hehehehe But now they are on the mend and hopefully things will now get back to what is supposed to be normal.

Saturday night I got to have dinner with two old friends that I have not seen in forever. It was so nice to catch up. I can't even remember the last time I saw them. Obviously WAY too long ago. We sat and had margaritas and mexican food. What better way to spend the evening?!?!? Of course, as we all parted, we all vowed to not let such a long time pass before we got together again. Don't we always tend to do that though and then before you know it, years have gone by. Maybe I'll make that one of my new year's resolutions this year. Maintain closer contact with friends. Sounds good right? Wonder if I can keep it?!?!?!?! Of course, now that also applies to the friends. I can't do it without their help! (hint hint hint) :-) Or hmmm...maybe I'm the one that should take the hint and figure it out that they don't want to hang around me!! Nah, that can't be it. You can't help but love me!!! hehheheehe (man, I sure crack me up! hehehee)

Sunday was spent most of the day chatting online to my newest online BFF. Of course, I have yet to talk to her other than via instant message. I feel like we are online dating or something! Kinda cute actually. But man, that girl can sure get in my head. Scares me sometimes. I do wish however, while she's in my head, it would be nice if she'd clean some of those cobwebs out of there! :-) One day though, we'll have a real "date". I'll keep ya posted on that! I hear the Cheesecake Factory at the Woodlands Mall calling our names!!

After logging out of my online romance, we all loaded up (the housewife, her kiddo, my dh and I) and went to my new favorite restaurant. The Carriage House Cafe. OMG! Its such good food! and soooo much of it for GREAT prices. Its basically home cooking with some BBQ thrown in for good measure. It is wonderful. From time to time, we get a group of people together to go on a road trip for food. Normally its to Brenham. But, this next time, I think I'm going to suggest going to the Carriage House. Its just soooo good!!!

Then came Monday. Have I mentioned lately that I'm just not fond of Mondays? Seems like everything just goes haywire on Mondays. I popped off yet ANOTHER crown and got to go back to the dentist Tuesday to have it put back on. Another day of not eating. I know, not like I couldn't use to miss a few meals! But hey, Conan like food! heheheehe So, now that is fixed and all is right again.

Next week, keep me in your thoughts. I get to go have an abdominal ultrasound and an upper GI to see what is the cause of my ailments. The doc seems to think its my gallbladder considering I have the four "f" factors that make me at a higher risk for gallbladder disease. You will all be happy to know that I didn't punch out the doc after he told me what those four factors were!!! For those of you that don't know, they are: FEMALE, FORTY, FERTILE and my personal favorite - FAT!!!! Nice. Geez. I lost 14 lbs what else does the man want!?!? Dam men. Never satisfied. Of course, what do you expect.......all men have that genetic defeact called a "Y" chromosome!!! heheheehe Thats okay. I started giving him such a hard time that he couldn't take my blood pressure correctly from laughing so hard. That'll teach him! Of course, he then told me my BP was high to which I promptly responded that it was his fault for telling me I was FAT! :-)

Oh well. Just another day in my world!! hehehe



17 comments:

The Good Anon said...

Wow. Where to begin. Hey, I know, how about having lunch with this old friend some time. I'm starting to think you don't like my company any more. And since when did you start IMing with BFF's (Buff Female Freaks)? I think you've just about lost all your marbles. Haven't you read any of the warnings about how IMing causes cancer of the finger tips? That might be something to tell your doctor next week. He may want to ultrasound your hands.

Cas said...

Boy, it's feast or famine with you, huh? Nothing for days, then BAM! I agree with TGA - where to begin?

First, I always knew you deserved a crown.

I, too have the 4 F's, and none of them in a good way.

And as far as men with their "Y" chromosome, that's "Y" we need them!

Cat said...

Now wait Cas, there is a difference between "needing" them and WANTING them! heheheehee

And Good Anon, I'm sorry if I have been neglecting you. I promise, its not on purpose. :-)

See, I have to go away every once in awhile to make sure I'm missed! Doesn't abcense make the heart grow fonder???

Anonymous said...

Ok Cat, you said to post my story so here goes...

First to good anon, she's been neglecting you for me. :)

I figured it's time I tell yall the real story of what happened btwn. Cat and I... Yes I'm the other woman. hehehehe
I'm a firm believer in things working out for a reason and in their own due time.

I did not steal the b/f from Cat, she stole him from me. :o
No, seriously... They weren't together at the time the b/f and I started dating. I didn't even know Cat. Had no idea that they had been on/off again for 3 yrs. until later.
So the b/f and I were dating, I had left his house one night and went home. My mom and I decided we wanted a Dr. Pepper from Sonic. On the way we saw MY B/F parked at a convenient store with Cat in his truck. She had been out w/my b/f's step-mom and step-brother. After Sonic I drove straight to the b/f's house and no b/f or Cat around. Anyways to cut thru the drama of 18 & 19 yr. olds. ....
B/F broke up w/me and went back to Cat. Two weeks later he calls me and wants me back. I said you get a second chance and that's it. He found out I wasn't sitting at home crying over him anymore & had gone out with another guy a few times. HA!
Like I told Cat looking back, logically we have to blame the B/F because he's the one that said to me... he has to see with which his true feelings lie. We were getting serious and he had spent so much on and off time with Cat also.
But being young and in love and all that happening, Of Course I had to blame Cat for stealing my MAN. I never stole him from her but I can see now how she could have felt that way.

The B/F and I have been together for 20 yrs. and very happily married for 18 yrs.

I'm really glad Cat found me to see how we've been. We have discussed the past and put shoes on the other feet and realize it was all my wonderful hubby's fault for putting she and I thru all that.

We're really getting to know each other and it's like we're soul mates.
We stay in each others heads as one of us can be IM'ing something and the other is saying the same exact thing... happens all the time.
I also crack us both up quite a bit as she's mentioned.
So now she thinks she cracks herself up.... I taught her how to.

So there ya go for those wondering minds... this sums up the story btwn. Cat and I.

Anonymous said...

Wow... that was exhausting... a lot of info to absorb in one teeny tiny post...

Is it funny how you two assumed you screwed each other over when in fact it was the MAN! All this time you were sooo sure she f'd you over and stabbed you in the back when all the while... she didn't do anything.. funny how that it... SO easy to blame someone who didn't do a FUCKING THING...

I am SOOO glad you are catching up with all your old friends... It means a lot to have loving warm people in your court. This world is so lacking genuine people and people who will truly be your friend and not trash you behind your back.

Thank God for you, honey... you are wonderful and I wouldn't have traded the last 4 months for anything. I have learned to love myself and never ever be the type of person who NEEDS a man. yeah they are nice to have around once and a while but I am satisfied with the person I have grown to and love my life.. and the few I choose to keep in it...

Remember four F's or not, you are an amazing, beautiful woman and I love you whole heartily (sp?)

The Good Anon said...

So Cat left me for another woman. I feel like Ross on Friends.

Cat said...

Ah yes, the fateful "Sonic" day when I learned fully about the "new" g/f! But, you showed me, and broke my heart. You took him back! And it only took two weeks!! :-) But, like you said, everything happens for a reason, and now we have found each other as soul mates!! And I agree, we shall blame HIM for putting us through all that! And besides, I now get to know you and I like what I know! I can see why he is with you. :-) And you STILL crack me up! Can't wait for our cheescake "date"!

Momma - you know I wouldn't change things for the world. We have grown alot this last year and I have to say for the better. Tina's back, and I love that. ILUBAH!

GA - a/k/a Ross.....sorry.....She just gives better IM than you do! hehehehehee

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're exhausted now Momma T but I left out as much as I could w/o taking from the jest of it all.
You're right people don't always want to put the blame where it should go b/c who wants to be mad at someone you're close to. Being an older teenager I know I blamed Cat cause I felt she suduced him back and that if she hadn't been hanging out with the b/f's step mom the b/f wouldn't have gone back to her. Reality... it still could have happened with a different scene.

But things worked out the way they did and I know Cat was hurt for a long time and I honestly didn't think twice about it. I didn't know her other than being an ex g/f.

Now... She's happy and has a good life and I'm happy and have a good life and I think things worked out the way God had planned them.

From what I've heard, Momma T, Cat has a great friend. :) I know she loves ya.

I know MEN, Right!!! Can't live with 'em, can't live w/o 'em.
And I tell you girls THEY need us more than we need them. (guess I'm in trouble now hehehe)

AWWW Anon I love Ross!

Cat... cheesecake date shooting for Friday if the hubby can handle it. hehehehe
Remember baby steps for him. hehehe
We be so bad. (grin)

Andie said...

Boy Anon and Cat y'all are really trying to screw with his head:) All y'all getting together for dinner. I bet he has all kinds of things running through his head. Paybacks a bitch! J/K. I love it.... Glad your here anon.

Cat, Sorry I have not been on, my hand is still killing me and it is really hard to type.

Not from what your think G/A. Get your head out of the gutter.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cat the hubby said he's ok with us meeting at the factory.
Not fully comfortable cause he thinks it's weird but he's ok with it. Like I said baby steps with him. hehehe
I assured him we wouldn't be sitting around comparing notes or anything. hehehahahehe

Cat said...

Yeah me!!! I have a Cheesecake date!! woo hoo!!! I hope ya'll are jealous. but hmmm....I wonder how nervous her hubby is gonna be all night. I say we take bets on how many times he calls her over the evening!!! heheheeh

The Good Anon said...

Not that I'm the poster child for all good things that we "men" are supposed to stand for, but I feel obligated to take up for our side. It is true that we need women more than women need us. However, the only reason that's true is because a man invented the vibrator. So there.

I just hope some day that Cat will put down her vibrator and have lunch with me again. I'm jealous of her BFF.

Andie, can you give me a hand with . . . oh, sorry. I was going to ask you to help me pull my head out of the gutter but I forgot about your, uh, well you know.

Cat, I luv ya baby.

The Good Anon said...

Oh, and Cat, the only reason you are under the misperception that BFF gives better IM than I do is because you've never let my fingers do the walkin'.

I'm like Megellain, who circumnavigated the globe. I keep exploring (occasionally stopping to take in the sights) and probing every out-of-the way spot. And I don't quit until all points are exhausted (or until I get thrown clear of the ship).

Cat said...

Oh now G/A, don't be jealous. You know I love you more than my luggage!!! heheheehe Maybe next week for lunch since the boss will out of town!!

Anonymous said...

From Beth:

Aww G/A don't be jealous now. Just think... last time Cat and I saw each other was probably the "fateful Sonic night". It was night cat not day. :P So u didn't know we had been together for like 6 months or so, at the time?

Oh and G/A, I see you're out numbered on here so you just take up for the men all u want.

The vibrator...aww that's funny. Guess it may work for some. Yall need us for more than just that. Come on, admit it. hehehehe

The Good Anon said...

Anon, I'm no where near outnumbered by any stretch of my imagination. And I can image a lot. So bring it on.

There's never been a woman that's ever outsmarted me. Although, to her credit, Cat gave me a good run for my money.

The Good Anon said...

I am who I am because of Cat. She made me in her own image (except my boobs are not quite as big - at least that's the rumor).