Sunday, February 25, 2007

Dinner With Friends.....

What an absolutely beautiful day! I love days like this. It is what makes living in Texas worthwhile! Perfect for being outside and getting fresh air. I've had the windows open the entire day and I love it cause it airs the house out. The animals love it to cause they get to look outside and feel the fresh air also. All the windows have cats sitting in them peering out at the world. Of course the new kitty, Sebastain, wants to be outside so bad. He used to be an indoor/outdoor kitty, but not anymore. He's all inside. Im afraid he'll try and go to his old house and that would require crossing 290 and I don't think he has a chance of doing that. So inside he stays. Now, if I could only get the three kitties to get along...........

So, off to Conroe for dinner with Andie and family we go. I can't believe they have lived there for three years and this is the first time we've been to their house. Now that is pathetic. I love their house. We sat out on the patio for dinner. The view is beautiful. They back up to a golf course, so lots of trees on one side and the beautiful golf course in the middle. Talk about relaxing. I got to hold little Chase who is just a cutie. He did nothing but smile the entire time we were there. Her daughter Emma, is just as cute as can be. She was playing shy though and wouldn't talk to us too much. We didn't stay too long as her dh was getting ready to go out of town for awhile for work. Just in time to miss her birthday, which is tomorrow!!!! (HAPPY B-DAY ANDIE!!!!) and then their anniversary. I can't believe they have been married for 11 years now. Seems like just yesterday I was at that wedding. Its amazing how time flies.

I was trying to think back on the ride home, when it was that we actually started talking. Seems like we just hit it right off and had always been talking. I know I didn't talk to her much at the wedding since she was just a tiny bit busy. I actually met her husband first back when I was running around with my friend that was an overnight news photog and he hung out with the overnight photog for channel 13 which happened to be Andie's husband. Well, of course at the time, he was her boyfriend. Can you believe they have been together since she was 16??? Holy cow! I spent many a long cold night out on the streets with him and my friend. I do not know how I used to do that. Get off work at 5p meet up with my friend sometime between 8p and 10p and then work through the night until about 6a unless we caught a job then sometimes I'd make it home to crawl in bed at 10a. I was so exhausted but I loved it. Never a dull moment. And look what I came out of it with!!! A good friend!! We've been talking ever since.

Anyway......HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDIE!!! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY AND HAPPY EARLY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

1 comment:

Andie said...

We had such a great time too! It was so relaxing and nice to have an adult conversation.