Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My newest addiction...

I love to read. Mysteries mostly. But I never seem to find the time. By the time I get home from work I'm so exhausted and my eyes are so tired, that I just can't bring myself to pick up my favorite books. I have shelves and shelves of books just waiting to be read. I don't know when I will ever get to them. Maybe if I ever get to retire I can start! Won't hold my breath for that!

So, I decided to try books on tape. I found two that were relatively inexpensive to try out. They can get very expensive! The first one I got was "All That Remains" by Patricia Cornwell. I really like her books anyway, so I thought, why not. I hate talk radio though so I wasn't sure how well this was going to go over. Well, let me just tell you, I loved it! I pop in that CD on the way to work and then again on my way home. I have found that I can listen to one entire CD on my drive to and from work every day. I am now on my third book on tape. It sure makes the time fly while your sitting in traffic!

And to make things even better, I found out today that you can actually rent these books on tapes from the library! WOO HOOO!!! Guess that means I have to get a darn library card!

This has got to be the best invention ever. I just hate now that I bought these two books on CD and haven't found anyone yet to pass them on to to enjoy! Oh well. Maybe I'll go back and re-listen one of these days.

4 comments:

Andie said...

What books are they? I might want to listen!

Cas said...

Are you fishin' for book lovers? Or tryin' to make us beg?

Cat said...

Well now Cas, doesn't every woman liked to be begged once in awhile?? :-)

Anonymous said...

Cat - you really should be renting your audiobooks instead of buying them, I'm happy you discovered the library.

And when you run out of selections at the library (unfortunately pretty easy to do), you can use a Netflix-style audiobook rental service like ours at simplyaudiobooks.com (and there are lots of others).

Happy listening,

Sanjay