Monday, May 28, 2007

What a Week!!!

Between last weekend, last week and this weekend, I am almost, now I said ALMOST, thankful to go back to work just to get some rest! Its been crazy. An emotional roller coaster, and somewhat physically draining.

Started out by saying Yes to help a friend out by watching her THREE dogs for what started out as one day and ending up being four days. Which isnt' bad, but OMG. That ment, FIVE big dogs, three pissed off cats and a hamster that could care less. The best part was picking up the three dogs. Unfortunately, we had no leshes, no kennels, no nothing but the scruffs of their necks. Now, we were watching the puppies cause my friend was putting tile in her house so her house was full of workers. I thought my dh was handling the pickup of the animals but of course, once again I was incorrect. Finally it was getting too late and I went ahead and ran over there to get them. Of course, I was thinking everyone was gone by this time, so I was dressed in my pajama best. you know, the capri pants that dont match the nasty t-shirt I was wearing (you know, the "Beaver Brand Fire trucks. Connect your hose to a beaver" shirt that didn't match the pants, with no bra, no panties, and my house shoes. I was looking sharp. Only to pull up at her house and everyone was still there. great. oh well. Im here now so I walk up to get the darling dogs and had to tramp through the wet yard to the backyard to get them. Fianlly the dh arrives and I hand him my phone and the key to the house cause I have no pockets in my beautiful ensamble and grab one dog by the scruff of her neck and start leading her to the truck. About this time, the other dog who will listen to no one, goes storming by me with the dh in tow calling his name to stop. Nope. Thunder was having no part of that. He was having a ball. Finally the dh gets him round up and in the truck and goes after the next one. Luckily this one at least has a choker chain on. Now, I asked the dh to hand me the key so we can lock the house and be on our way. He says he doesn't have the key so now I think, oh great. we've dropped it in the back yard. Now, neither of us have a flash light and its pitch dark. Talk about looking for a needle in a haystack! The best we have are the lights on our cell phones. What a sight that was. Trapsing through the grass looking for a key with cell phone lights. Finally, i walk out to the truck and there sitting pretty as she pleases is that darn key. You know, I hate having to admit to the dh that he was right and I obviously never did hand him the key. Oh well. Finally everyone is ready to go and we get everyone home and everyone but the cats are happy.

Then my friend Roger and I started walking. We found this great little walking path not far from the house. But wow am I out of shape. Hey, I've lost 12lbs though, so I can't complain. Although my body sure was complaining after all that walking. Now, if we can only keep it up. We are trying to do it three times a week, so wish us luck!

Wednesday. Wednesday was emotional for a couple of reasons. One, I talked to an old friend of mine, albiet briefly, at least communication was opened. I miss her. You never really realize how much someone impacts your life until they are not in it. Hopefully we will talk more, but I guess that really depends on how she feels as well. I have to respect her feelings on it all. and Second, I went to visit and basically say goodbye, to my second mom, Cheryl. I'm sure I overstayed my welcome, cause I know she was getting very tired, but I so did not want to leave. Its hard to think it may be the last time I ever see her or spend time with her. I have to give her credit though. She is a fighter. She said she is going to fight this cancer til her last breath. She is still praying for a miracle. She is on hospice now and her church is taking turns bringing her and her family food. I hate seeing her like that. And I hate that she is also struggling with her dh. He's is taking it all so hard. People handle grief in their own way, but he is trying the whole "tough love" approach and for her right now, that is not the way to go. She needs help. And she needs his help. I know its hard for her too because she not only worrys about her future, but she worrys about his as well. He's started drinking again. And she worrys about that as well. Please keep her and the rest of her family in your thoughts and prayers. I know they are going to need it. Maybe miracles really do happen.

Then I caught back up with an old very good friend of mine that I have not spoken to in forever!!! I think one of the last times we really talked, her daughter was 2 yrs old. That daughter is fixing to be 21 yrs old!! Where did the time go? That simply amazes me. We hung out through high school and into college and had a ball. It was really nice to catch up with her and of course, we promised we wont let so long of a time pass this time.

Saturday, I actually went to see an actual movie at an actual movie theater. I have not done that in a very very long time. But I really like this theater. its the one that you can sit in nice comfy chairs and actually order food and drinks. its great. of course, we went to see Shrek 3! I am happy to report, however, that we, the dh and I, were not the only couple there without little ones!!! It was actually a very good movie.

Sunday was spent at moms. They cooked, we ate. I love a home cooked meal at mom's!! We also decided this time to bring one of their fur grandchildren. Sebastian. Our new male cat we've had since December. he is NOT a car riding kitty!! but once he got to grandmas, he settled in and actually had a good time. Not as good of a time as grandma and grandpa had though. I sure wish they would let me get them another cat. I know they would love it.

So anyway. Back to work and back to realtiy. Reality sucks ya know????

Hope everyone had a great weekend even though it was very very rainey!!

2 comments:

Cas said...

Sounds like fun! Happy weekday!

Andie said...

I bet that was a sight, both of you in the dark using your cell phones to look for a key in the grass. LMAO.