Sunday, March 11, 2007

Ahhh......Weekends

I love these kinds of weekends. Makes you thankful for living in Texas. The weather was beautiful. Of course, it sure makes Mondays hard! The only thing that will make this week great is going to be Toby Keith Tuesday!! I was not planning on going to the rodeo this year, but the dh surprised me with getting four Suite tickets to see my man onTuesday! That is going to be AWESOME. Free food, drink, goody bags, you name it. I also love the fact that the time change has now happened and it will actually be light outside when I get home from work now, so maybe, just maybe I can start doing some walking or something outside again.

The weekend started off a little shaky though with Al, the hamster, making a run for freedom. I'm still at a loss as to how the little guy got out of his cage. Maybe I should rename him Houdini! He started by jumping six feet from the top of my entertainment system down to the floor. He was then quickly spotted by a cat. Thinking she finally had her chance to see him up close and personal, Stormy took off after him. Luckily all the commotion woke the dh and he went into see what the ruckus was all about and spotted Al scurrying across the floor with a black cat at his heels. Thankfully the dh scooped Al up and back into his cage safe and sound. Of course, this couldn't have happened at a decent hour of the day. This has to be 3:00 a.m.!! At least all is well now. Not that I think Al will be in a very big hurry to check out what its like outside his cage anymore.

Saturday is spent out and about with Michelle, the boys, and the dh. We were looking for property that we could buy to some day move to. We found the most wonderful place!! So many amenities, so much space, almost everything you could want. A little further out into the peaceful country. They are going to be building a 10 acre park that sounds absolutely wonderful. Several lakes that the dogs would just have a hayday in. And depending on which lot I wanted I could either be in Montgomery County or Grimes County. Just the thought of the lower taxes was enough to make me love it. Of course I would still love to be in the middle of the woods somewhere but you gotta do what you can do. One of these days.......

After hours of looking at land, we head back to the city. The boys (she has three boys in case anyone didn't know that) did really well. Of course they had rusty to entertain them, which worked out really well. Gave Michelle and I chance to go shopping for the youngest ones birthday party today (Sunday). Of course, several hours later, we head for the house to catch up with the boys. We opted to make spagetti for dinner. I actually got to teach Michelle a new recipe that I stole from Andie. Yes people, I actually cooked! I know some of you will be so proud. I really have been paying attention this whole time. I also got to introduce Michelle to what I like to call "Tina's Tea". She fell in love at first sip. Fresh key limes really do make a difference. After a long day in the car and an extremely full belly it was time to go home and get some rest for the party today.

Its hard to believe that my godson is now three. Seems like just yesterday I was watching him be born. Its amazing how time flies. We celebrated his birthday today even though it was a few days ago. Had a firetruck birthday cause that is what he wanted. We had balloons, cake, decorations, ice cream, you name it, he had it. And all those presents! I'm not sure he has been good enough for all those presents! Everything Cars though. He loves the Cars movie. He was one tired little boy. But it was really good to see alot of people I hadn't seen in a long while and catch up with them.

Wow. What a long tiring weekend, but it was wonderful. It was really kind of cool cause even though not all of my friends were there with me in person, they were there in some form or fashion. Those are the best weekends to have.

1 comment:

Andie said...

You cook? WOW I am impressed :) Your Dh said it was really good. I am proud of ya. I'll have you cooking everynight before you know it. See ya tomorrow!! Yeah, it's Toby time.

Love ya!