Sunday, March 4, 2007

Beautiful Weekends

This weekend has turned out to bve one of the most beautiful weekends in a long time. The weather was almost perfect. Its great to have your windows open and get all the fresh air circulating through the house.

I started off this beautiful weekend by having dinner Friday night with a friend of mine that I've been neglecting for way too long. Not intentionally mind you, just seems to work out that way. So we decided enough of that and hooked up for dinner. We then took her son, my godson, to the dollar store. What a great place for kids! Andrew had a blast! And for $6 he got what he thought were six of the coolest toys ever! Of course he'll probably play with them all of a few minutes and move on the next thing, but at that time he thought it was the greatest night ever.

Then Saturday. I was off to Conroe to spend some much needed, relaxing "girl" time with Andie. We had it all planned out. Dinner, chick flicks, girl talk, popcorn, trash mags, you name it, we had it. On the way to Conroe, I decided to stop at the Barnes and Noble at the Woodlands Mall. Wow. that was a mistake. The traffic around there is horrible!! I finally decided against it and after getting lost trying to get out of there, headed on out to Andie's. As I get to her house, I am welcomed by a wonderful smell. She was making spagetti. Nothing like an italian dish from an italian woman! I had stopped off and picked up the garlic bread, so all was complete. I ate so much of that spegettii that I finally made myself ill. I loved it. I wish there had been some left so that I could have brought some home! We settled in us girls, Me, Andie, and her daughter, Emma and just chatted non-stop. Little Chase would put his two cents in every now and then as well, but I hink he got the sense he was out numbered by the all the girls. The hotest topic was the whole Anna Nicole saga. Its sad really if you think about it all. Even in death she is hounded by everyone, including those that are supposed to "love" her and those that just want there few minutes of fame. Two movies later, and lots of chatting it was time for bed. We were exhausted. Emma decided she wanted to sleep with mommy, so I slept in Emma's room. I felt like a fairy princess. Her walls were painted, by hand, by Andie's mom, to look like you are looking out of a castle. the first thing you see when you wake up is the castle gate looking out onto the village beyond. Just for a brief moment you are transformed to a different place, a different time. Finally everyone begins to stir this morning and Andie is up making breakfast. So after a good breakfast, I'm on my way back home. Andie is taking Emma to Hannah Montanna today so they needed to get going also. Emma was so excited about it. I know they are going to have a great time. Although, I have to say, I don't envy them with all the crowds!!

On my way home, I stop at the Barnes and Nobles here by me and just had a field day. There are soo many audiobooks thats its really hard to choose just one! and of course, I have found out that my new additction is not going to be cheap one. I did get a good idea from Andie though about going to one of those used book stores to get some. Surely people will be giving them away after they listen to them. I know I probably will. Luckily I have a really good one by me so that will be my next shopping adventure!

Now its time to sit back and relax at home and do those darn house chores that I've been waiting on the house fairies to come do and they never seem to show up. So I guess that means I have to. Whats that they say........a woman's work is never done!!!! :-)

1 comment:

Andie said...

Thank you sooooooooo much for spending the weekend with us. We had a blast.

The crowds were CRAZY last night. Hannah was fun, she puts on pretty good little show. Emma had the time of her life so it made it all worth it. We stood in line for 2 HOURS to get on the bus home. It definitely won't be that bad when the 4 of us go to Toby. Has DH told you were we are sitting yet. I am so excited about going. We need to decide were to meet and what time.