Saturday, March 24, 2007

Weekend Parties

There is nothing like getting together with a group of friends to celebrate the day a new life was born into this world. The little ones grow up so fast and it so much fun to watch them. I just wish that I had half their energy! That old saying "Youth is wasted on the young," is so true. I would love to be able to run around and play all day and have someone to take care of my every want and need. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Today the dh and I went to the "Manson Boys" birthday party. The oldest is two and the youngest is one. And man are they full of some serious energy! Of course, I'm still giggling at Manson boys! Bad images of Charles Manson run threw my head! Thank God there was nothing like that going on out there in the Woodlands today! Just lots of presents, hot dogs, hamburgers, cake, ice cream and laughter. I've never had the opportunity to sit down and chat with Heath but I realized that he's actually a really nice guy. Little on the high maintenance side, but then hey, who isn't right?? He's funny and kept us all laughing. I think I spent most of the time talking to his mother. She's a very interesting lady. I also got all the good stories of "Little Heath" too so that is always fun for blackmail later! Heath and I are actually going through some very similar issues in life and its interesting to get a different perspective on things.

It was so relaxing and so enjoyable to just sit, watch the little ones play and laugh with some old friends and some new friends. We did however get sprinkled on a bit from time to time but that just cooled things off that much more. Their house is so peaceful. Until of course, the train came barralleing down the tracks that are about 30 feet from the back of their house. Nothing like the vibrating of the train to add a little entertainment.

We ended the day with a little shopping and now Im off to play my new Frogger game I got!

1 comment:

Andie said...

Hey you,
Sounds like y'all had a blast. Please tell Heath I am sorry I could'nt make. I really wanted to go. Emma would have had so much fun with the boys.