Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Toby Keith Tuesday

The only thing good about a Tuesday could be Toby Keith! I actually had no intention of going to the rodeo this year to see any performer. Just not the same since it moved out of the Astrodome and into Reliant Stadium. However, the dh ended up surprising me with tickets to see my man last night. And not just any seats I will have you know, but four suite seats! That is definitely the way to go if at all possible. I wish I were rich enough to afford a suite at Reliant Stadium!

The night started off meeting up with Andie and her dh here at my office and we went to Houston's for dinner. Now I remember why I do not go there very often. So many rules and so uptight! We all definitely felt out of place. Kinda like we were invading a land of mercedes, lexus', and BMWs with our little ford or something. On the menu it actually says, "no cell phones in the dining room." They would not seat us until I finished my call with my dh. Of course we had to tell them there was only three of us that would be dining cause they wouldn't seat us until our party was complete and everyone that knows my dh knows he works on his own time and we weren't real sure when he would get there. We patiently sat there and stalled the waitress pretending like we were having trouble deciding what to have for dinner. Luckily, the dh was there pretty quickly and we ordered our meals. I actually had a very good salad. Way too much food for me to eat. I sure did my darnedest though. After all of our bellies were full, it was back to the office to drop off the dh's truck and all hoped in Andie's truck and it was off to the rodeo.

It was awesome to walk in the VIP entrance where there was no crowd and then walk up to the suite, still with no crowd. Of course, I actually helped a friend of ours get in cause he didn't have a ticket, so I showed the lady mine and then handed it to him, and then he handed it to her and off to the suite we went. Not sure how I actually got away with that, but hey, whatever works right?? Besides, Toby is worth breaking a few rules for. We got up to the suit, got drinks in hand and promptly sat down in anticpation of the big event. For my enjoyment, my dh even remembered to bring the binoculars! Talk about up close and personal! Yee Haw! Finally, at long last, the lights went down, and out came Toby! He put on a fantastic show. Sang so many good songs. And, seeing as how I had the binoculars, I even got to disspell a myth that someone told me awhile ago. They had said that the bigger the guy, the smaller his package and since Toby was so big, he probably had a small package. This has been a source of bother for me for quite some time now. I even looked as hard as I could for signs of something different when I watched his movie Broken Bridges. Well, let me tell you, the bulge has now officially been sighted. There is no more doubt in my mind. :-)

Finally it came to an end. We had to leave our suite and when we looked outside we saw that it was pouring down rain. So, we decide to go to the Chute Club since one of the guys that was with us was a gold badge dude. He snuck all of us and we hung out for awhile and waited for the rain and the traffic to die down. They finally kicked us out so they can close. Wow. I can honestly say it's been a long long time since I've closed a place down!! We are all herded outside into the rain and wouldn't you know it, the only place they would let us out was on the exact opposite side of the stadium from where we had parked! Oh well. As the boys stood around trying to find a way to get back to the vehicles without getting wet, Andie and I decide screw it, and off we trotted. What's a little rain anyway? Not like we'd melt right?? Lucikly, Mike had actually parked closer so soaking wet, we all made it to his truck and he gave us a ride back to Andie's truck. Which was actually a chore within itself considering they had everything blocked off! We got to take the scenic tour back.

Soaking wet from head to toe, we finally pour ourselves into Andies truck and head for home. I have not been this tired in a long time, but I can honestly say, it was well worth it. I loved every minute of it and had the greatest time. It was so nice just hanging with friends and watching the rodeo and the best part, watching TOBY!

I sure hope everyone had as good of a Toby Tuesday as I did!!

2 comments:

Andie said...

Last night was SOOOOOOOOOO much fun. And, I am so glad that we were able to to put those nasty rumors to rest. I told you not all big men were (you know).

Thanks again for everything :)

Andie said...

Miss Ya!

We need another Toby Tuesday!!!!!!