Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Dentist

So I got the priviledge of getting to go to a brand new dentist today. I've been living with a broken crown for oh, about a year and a half now and decided it was definitely time to go get it fixed. Especially before I leave for vacation to Orlando at the end of the month!!! Procrastination is a beautfiul thing and a skill I have mastered to perfection. I got the name of a dentist from my boss and proceeded to set up my appointment for today. Luckily its in the building right next to where I work.
I walk across the street to the doctor's office and sit in the waiting room waiting to be called. As i am sitting there, I saw this young boy come out who had evidently gotten a crown himself and I think hmmmm...this shouldn't be too bad. If he can afford this dentist, it should be okay right? so he meets up with who I thought might be his father. Well, was I mistaken. The older gentleman that was sitting in there was this kid's driver!!!! Holy cow I think! Maybe I should run while I could still afford what i was wearing!!! Wow was that a bad sign. That kid could not have been half my age and he is there with a driver. Amazing.
And did you know they longer have to give you the injections to numb you now? They can now do it via a computer!!! Dang! Has it been that long since I've been to the dentist??? Three hours later, I am the proud owner of a brand new temporary crown and a much lighter checkbook.
Did I mention that I hate dentists?? I just got through paying for the last round of dental work GEEZ. Thank God I live with a good druggie!!!!! she's got me all doped up now and I dont have a care in the world!!! That rocks. Now I can just go to sleep and dream of fishing.................
Hope everyone has a fantastic fourth of july!!!!

2 comments:

Cas said...

There should be a whole special injection given just before they tell you what you owe.

Cat said...

No kidding!!! At least some people get kissed after they get screwed like that. Still hurts, even after the numbing injection!!! snif snif