Friday, July 27, 2007

Vacation

Ahhhh.......vacation! I have not had a real vacation in I can't tell you how long. Finally, we all decided its time. So the house note won't get paid on time, or hey, the electricity may get cut off, but dammit, I'm taking a vacation! Of course the one thing about vacations is that it sure is nice to come home!


Day One:


We are all excited. Get off work early and head home to pack up and hit the road to Orlando, Florida. Four adults, and three children in one vehicle. Finally we are on our way. not to far down the road, up comes one of the tops on the totes we are using for suitcases and out flys the dh's brand new astros' cap. Dang. We stop and redo everything and out on the road once again. Few more miles down the road, and the top on the other tote pops up and out comes ONE croc shoes for the youngest child. Well dang again! Well, now its even. We've lost one thing out of each tote. Next stop, Walmart for duct tape. Duct tape fixes everything you know! We taped them bad boys up so tight there was NO getting in them. Finally, off we go again. Then, WHAM! pot hole..............and flat tire. Fantastic. Off to a beautiful start and we aren't even out of Texas yet! We pull over onto the shoulder a little ways behind a police officer who was obviously in the middle of a speed trap. We flashed our lights at him and everything and that bastard just drove off. nice way to help out the community! Nothing like standing out on the side of an extremely busy highway trying to change a flat tire. Finally, tire changed and we all load back up. At this point we are all thinking, maybe we should call it off and go home!


We finally arrived in Mobile, Alabama at 5 a.m. and visit Michelle's grandmother for a little bit and all take naps. Off again to our finally destination. Finally arriving in Orlando. Thank GOD. We unpack and relax. Monday its off to Sea World. It rained on us the entire day but OMG did we have fun. I have not ridden a rollar coaster in I can't tell you how long and some how got talked into riding one CRAZY coaster! It was fantastic! We went upside down and round and round in circles and straight down! Holly cow! They took the picture below as we were in one of the turns. the force had pushed my head down and I couldn't pull it back up. it was awesome!


We picked the best time to ride it since it was somewhat rainey and everyone else had ridden it earlier so we didn't have much of a wait at all.
Next day it was off to the beach. Luckily again it was overcast so it wasn't too unbearable. We had so much fun playing in the surf. It was Andrew, my god son's, first time ever at a beach and we had so much fun watching him! I also learned a valuable lesson. One which I already knew but was WAY too stupid to remember. you can STILL get sunburned when its overcast! Beautiful! I got soooo burned! It was well worth it though. We had a ball. We also went to Ron Jons which is supposed to be a very well known surf shop. Never heard of it personally, but OMG! that place was HUGE! It was two stories and had just about everything in it you could imagine.
Our last day was spent relaxing by the pool at the house we rented and getting everything in order to come home. We packed everything up and headed home, deciding to drive straight through. We finally arrived by midnight. OMG was it ever good to be home. I missed Momma and Cam and all the animals more than I realized I would. God it was nice to see everyone. We stayed up until after 2a just chit chatting and catching up on everything that had happended during the week. It was fantastic.
On a different note, I was catching up on everything on the computer since I was computerless for over a week, and was checking on some myspace sights. Its interesting to me how some people can talk about "finding out who your friends are" thinking that they got screwed by their friends when in fact, they were the ones that have screwed people. I guess that is what karma is all about right? This person that I am speaking of, now lives in Arizona (yes, some of you I am sure know how this person is) and has the nerve to put one of my very favorite songs on her myspace page, "Find out how your Friends Are" by Tracy Lawrenece. I sure hope that she got screwed as bad as she screwed me. What comes around goes around.
Another side note.....I also found out today, that what I spoke of earlier in a different post, has now happened. At work, they have fired the other secretary and it looks like one of the big boss's daughters will now be the other secretary. Fantastic. That should be loads of fun. I will keep you all posted, but in the meantime, please please please wish me luck.

1 comment:

Liberated Momma said...

Good time or not, I am glad you are home, I missed you SOOOO much.. it was way too quiet around here... not much to do without all the drama. Thank God... i certainly do not enjoy it...

I love you big as heaven...